Most property policies exclude flood, surface water, waves, mudslide or mudflow regardless of whether it is caused by an act of nature or otherwise. If your property is in a flood zone or if you just want to provide peace of mind by having coverage for flood, then you would need a flood policy.

Flood is defined by the National Flood Insurance Program as:

  • A general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or of two or more properties (at least one of which is the policyholder's property) from:
    --Overflow of inland or tidal waters; or
    --Unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source; or
  • Collapse or subsidence of land along the shore of a lake or similar body of water as a result of erosion or undermining caused by waves or currents of water exceeding anticipated cyclical levels that result in a flood as defined above.

Our agency can help with that. Call us today for a free quote.

Request a Quote

Thank you!